Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Sightseeing Outfit

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I gave Kamilla the Sightseeing outfit as a souvenir from my US trip and she has had no problems with it so far. The skirt is still in one piece and although it takes a bit of wiggeling to get the boots on that's not too much of a problem. I think the outfit is really cute - sorry you have problems with the skirt.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Return it and try another one. They may of just had a bad batch of skirts.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Keep on trying...
    I am returning two of these outfits today at AGPNY.
    The first one ripped and the second one does not close.
    However, the outfit is so cute, that I may bring a third one home and see if it finally fits!

    Ana

  4. #4
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I asked my mother for the Sightseeing outfit for Christmas, but after seeing do many reports from Board members about the boots being hard to put on, and the skirt being short and tearing easily, I told her that I wanted the Gala Party outfit instead. Unfortunately, she had already ordered it, and let me open it today so I could at least see it in person before she sent it back. Well, I tried it on Lindsey, and fell in love with it. The boots were fine to put on, and while this skirt was a little short, it went on just fine too. But wouldn't you know it, I gave the skirt the smallest test on the side to see how strong the seam was, I barely pulled on it, and it started to separate. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Why did they not catch this in the product testing phase of development? The tweed is soo flimsy that it rips right out of the seams. Now I don't know what to do. I love the outfit, but I hate the quality of the skirt. I also discovered that the cream turtleneck and poncho are fantastic when paired with Kit's skirt and shoes, the colors almost a perfect match. Not to mention that the beret is the cutest thing I've ever seen on Lindsey! Sorry this is so long, but I guess what I am wondering, is how everyone else who had this problem resolved it with AG's CS. Will they send you just a new skirt, or will I have to exchange the entire outfit? I'm also wondering if they will change the material that the skirt is made out of after a while, when they've finally realised that everyone is sending it back. So should I exchange it for the Gala Party outfit, and just wait on the Sightseeing outfit to see if they do change it??? Any advice is greatly appreciated, and again, sorry it's so long.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd definitely suggest calling them. I'd imagine they'd have to send you an all new one, since they probably don't have replacement parts for such a new item.

    There's not a single thing wrong with mine, it's well made, and I just tugged pretty hard at both sides, and nothing happened- very sturdy, it fits even my PM dolls. So there are skirts out there that aren't terrible. I don't think they'll change the material, obviously they aren't all made badly, so they probably wont get a zillion calls over this one like they did the F/E items, also, the F/E items should be around for years, whereas this one will probably be around for 1-2 years, so it probably wouldn't be worth the money to remake.

    I've got it pulled down pretty low on my PM (95) Sam, so the very bottom hem is almost touching her knees. I think it looks much better like this, it doesn't look as short, [img]smile.gif[/img] . I think the boots are darling, too! And while they take a few seconds to get on, the struggle is definitely worth it!

    Do call them, there are perfect skirts out there, mine appears to be one, so they should send you a new set. Good luck, let us know what happens!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mygirlsdolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2005
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would think they would have to send a whole new outfit...I think if you really enjoy this outfit, then wait for the new one...They will most likely send a new outfit, with the return label for shipping (so you are not out the $) Just give them a call and stick with the outfit you love!

    Becky
    justbeingme

  7. #7
    Inactive Member mygirlsdolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2005
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh...Also wanted to say that I ordered right when they first came out and mine is in really nice shape, the boots are a bit snug, but other then that everything is fine...So, it just might have been a really bad batch...

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd get a new one.Cami is right even though the boots take some wiggling it is definatly worth it!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dlnw's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The skirt is made of a boucle fabric that is a loosely-woven fabric and notorious for fraying/pulling. It looks cute, but not very durable for play. I wonder why they decided to use that fabric?

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think they probably decided to use that fabric because tweed was a very popular fall fabric.

    I'm really glad I dislike this outfit, so I don't have to deal with this.

    I'm sorry DaisyDee, I hope you get a perfect replacement, or, if you get the Gala I hope you like that just as much. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •